The J230-SP is the latest development in the Jabiru J-series design family. This robust cross-country cruiser has replaced the venerable J250-SP as Jabiru USA’s premier turn-key Light-Sport Aircraft. It features the same 120-horsepower Jabiru engine, comfortable interior, and large baggage capacity as the J250, but utilizes a narrower, more efficient wing for improved handling and visibility. The J230-SP features the latest light-aircraft technology and full factory support right here in the United States. Whether your mission is flight training, the fabled $100 hamburger, or continent-wide aerial traveling adventures, a wide range of avionics & options are available to suit your needs and budget.
Read about Jabiru owners who can do things that pilots of other LSAs only dream about.
Watch a video flight review on the J230-SP by AOPA senior writer, Alton K. Marsh. (Note: Instrument panel options have changed since this video was produced.)
Watch a great video piece about the comfortable qualities of a J230 by LSA spokesman Dan Johnson. (Note that the primary flight display is a GRT Sport SX, not a Dynon as described by Dan... his only mistake.)
- Designed to ASTM 2245-07 and Australian CASA Airworthiness Standards
- Cruises at 120 knots TAS at 5.5 gal/hr
- Range (nil reserve) -- 800 nautical miles
- 4 stroke, six-cylinder JABIRU 3300 engine designed specifically for the Jabiru aircraft.
- Gentle and predictable stall characteristics, with light and responsive controls
- Stall speed without flaps at Gross Weight: 45 KCAS
- Fully enclosed, ergonomically designed cabin with 3 doors providing ease of entry for baggage stowage.
- Excellent visibility
- Side-by-side fixed seating with center controls and panel mounted throttles for comfort and simplicity.
- Robust tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel and hand-operated hydraulic disc brakes
- All-composite construction for light weight and exceptional strength
- Wing and power loadings provide high performance and exceptional handling, particularly in turbulence.
- Excellent crosswind handling performance – 15 knots
- Carburetor Heat and Dual Magneto Ignition
- Pressure Compensating Carburetor – no mixture control!
- Auxiliary electric fuel pump for ease of starting and added redundancy
- Optional adjustable rudder pedals paired with custom seat cushions accommodate a large range of pilot sizes.
Base Price of $129,900 includes ALL of the following:
- Single 8.4" Grand Rapids electronic flight display with Synthetic Vision, GPS, full engine instrumentation suite, Garmin radio & Mode C transponder, intercom, analog backup airspeed indicator & vertical compass, 12V power supply, MP3 music input jack
- Kannad 406 MHz ELT
- LED nav/strobe and landing/recognition light package
- Sensenich fixed-pitch glass covered wood propeller
- Electric Flaps with flap switch on each side of instrument panel for dual instruction
- Matco wheels & brakes featuring 500 x 5 aircraft tires
- Wheel Pants
- Fully-upholstered cockpit & cabin area with cloth seats
- Cabin Heat
- 35-gallon integral wing fuel tanks